Wednesday 2 November 2011

Chris Mason Wants To Be A Winner ! ! !

THE oche's biggest SINNER is back — and this time he's determined to be a WINNER.

After three assault convictions, a year in jail, and a stage set-to with Phil Taylor, Chris Mason is trying to revive his once-promising career.
Mace The Ace was at one time in the world's top three but disturbances and then depression wrecked his hopes of world championship glory.
In 1990, he got 180 hours' community service for assault; in 1993, a three-month suspended jail sentence for assault; in 2003, a year in jail for aggravated burglary and intent to cause GBH in a row over a DOG. And in 2006 he got a four-month darts ban and £750 fine for swearing at Taylor after their world championship last-16 clash.
Now, after hanging up his darts a year ago, Mason bids to hit the big time again.
He plays in a Grand Slam TV qualifier in Crawley on Friday and admits he's not a reformed character — but even more fired up.
He said: "I guess I'm a rough diamond. When I'm crossed I don't talk, I do something about it.
"That's just the person I am. I've not changed over the years, if anything I'm more stubborn.
"But I believe that part of my character is what can make me a winner again at darts.
"I've been an idiot magnet and I believe I've done my time, yet I'm treated horrifically by people, they never let me forget my past.
"The clash with Phil wasn't my fault. After he beat me 4-0 he pulled away from our handshake and I told him 'Don't treat me like a f****** mug. F*** off'.
"He said he'd see me outside. I waited an hour but he never came."
Mason, 41, was once backed by Eric Bristow as the next big thing but he was to suffer badly from depression.
He said: "That's what finished me, really, the depression, I just couldn't cope with it.
"I suffered a few big defeats from Phil and I couldn't deal with it.
"I thought I was a complete fruitcake but I had a mental illness.
"Now I believe I've got the mental strength to deal with pressures.
"I've stopped smoking and I'm fitter than ever. If I didn't think I could get back to the pinnacle I wouldn't even consider it.
"I've this evil streak that wants to win again. There's £5m prize-money in the PDC circuit now, I want my slice of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.