Friday 11 November 2011

Grand Slam of Darts Group D

James Wade, Terry Jenkins, Justin Pipe, Dave Chisnall
I'm calling this one the Group of Death because it's unquestionably the hardest. James Wade is a wonderful player and I love to watch him when he's playing well. I saw him win a tournament in Benidorm recently and he was exceptional, so if he turns up in that frame of mind he will take some beating. Terry Jenkins will be the spoiler of the group; I don't think he'll win it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he qualified. As a seven-times runner-up in major tournaments he's got the pedigree, but I think he's spending too much time at exhibitions and he hasn't played well for two or three years.
Justin Pipe has got talent and he's very slow, which puts other people off. In the last eight tour events he's won three, lost two finals and reached two semi-finals, which is up there with Phil Taylor's best form, so you can't take him lightly. I've watched Dave Chisnall all year and he's an exceptional scorer on the treble-20 which makes him tough to beat as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.