Tuesday 15 November 2011

JAN DEKKER 5-1 ARRON MONK

JAN DEKKER defeated Arron Monk at the William Hill Grand Slam of Darts with an impressive 5-1 victory to get his challenge back on track.

Monk, who lost in a thrilling deciding leg to Mark Webster in his opening match, was unable to find of the form of Sunday and the Lakeside Championship semi-finalist capitalised to take the two points.

Dekker, who had disappointed on his debut against John Part, held throw to take the opening leg then converted a 66 finish to double his lead after Monk missed two darts at double top.

Dekker won the third leg to establish a 3-0 lead before Monk got himself on the scoreboard with a 12-dart finish which included a maximum.

But the Dutch youngster got back to winning ways by taking the fifth leg with a 75 finish and sealed victory in style with an excellent 13-darter.

"I was pleased with the way I played," said Dekker. "My finishing in particular was excellent and that got me the win.

"I'm enjoying my experience here in Wolverhampton and I'm confident ahead of my game against Mark Webster on Wednesday."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.