Tuesday 15 November 2011

MAGNUS CARIS 5-1 BARRIE BATES

MAGNUS CARIS managed to gain a vital two points with a 5-1 victory over Barrie Bates in the 2011 William Hill Grand Slam of Darts.

The Swede put on an impressive display to defeat Bates, which has confirmed the Welshman's elimination from the competition and leaves Caris to face Paul Nicholson on Wednesday.

Caris made an impressive start to the match by landing double seven to break and he then hit an 11-darter to lead 2-0.

The Swede should have taken the third leg but missed six darts at doubles and Bates stole it by hitting a 72 finish, completed on the bullseye.

Caris got back to winning ways by hitting a two-dart 80 finish to win the fourth leg and he landed a 177 in the process of taking the fifth to lead 4-1.

Caris, who lost to Wes Newton in his opening group match, missed six darts at double top to take victory, but landed the target at the seventh attempt to close out the match and keep his hopes of qualifying alive.

"It's a very important win," said Caris. "I feel I played well against Wes but I didn't get the result, but this was good for me and I was relieved at the end.

"I feel confident and the others had better watch out! I've got one game to go now and I'm enjoying the tournament."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.