Monday 12 December 2011

Darts Comes First Says Hylton

Darts will come first again this Christmas for Mark Hylton as he bids for glory at the 2012 Ladbrokes World Championship.
The 45-year-old from Staffordshire reached the third round last year with victories over Steve Beaton and Colin Lloyd but he couldn't progress beyond the last 16 as he fell to Mark Webster.
'Mile High' starts this year's campaign at Alexandra Palace against Dutchman Vincent van der Voort and he is hoping for a repeat of his successful debut in the tournament.
"Last year I played on the first night and then I came back on the 27th so I had to go back down to London on Boxing Day," he told skysports.com
.
"This time I'm playing on the 17th and again I'll be playing on the 27th. Obviously my girlfriend is at home and my family is at home but darts has to come first as it's the World Championships.
"They all understand and hopefully I can do as well as I can do and they will reap the rewards as well.
"There's 12 days of Christmas and I celebrated Christmas after the World Championships last time and I took my girlfriend to Egypt for a week so that was nice."

Pressure

Hylton is yet to beat van der Voort but he isn't worried by that record and feels the pressure could be on his opponent.
"I've played Vincent four times and haven't beaten him yet, but some of the results could have gone either way.
"I am going there full of confidence. Maybe the pressure's on Vincent but I'm really looking forward to it and going there confident."
If Hylton reaches the third round again he could face 15-time world champion Phil Taylor and he thinks the top seed is a worthy favourite for glory in London.
"He's still the man," Hylton said when asked about 'The Power'.
"It was great to play him at Blackpool and play so well against him and push him all the way (Hylton lost 10-8 in the first round).
"Phil's always going to be favourite for every tournament he plays in because he's the greatest as far as I'm concerned, but I can't take anything for granted and I have to concentrate on the first game against Vincent."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.