Monday 19 December 2011

DAVE CHISNALL 3-0 MARK DUDBRIDGE

DAVE CHISNALL produced a fine performance on his Alexandra Palace debut to knock Mark Dudbridge out in the first round of the Ladbrokes World Darts Championship.

Chisnall, who was runner-up at the 2010 Lakeside Championship, reduced the 2005 finalist to just three legs in the match and will now play Phil Taylor on December 27 in the second round.

Chisnall made a confident start to the match by taking the first leg in 12 darts before claiming an early break of throw to win the second.

The St Helens ace, who reached the quarter-finals of the Players Championship in Doncaster a week ago, hit a 180 in the third leg, which he followed by a 68 finish to wrap up the opening set.

The second set began with both players struggling to find the winning double, as Chisnall missed eight chances before Dudbridge managed to hit double four to win his first leg of the match.

Chisnall hit an excellent 12-darter to take the second leg and then won the third against the darts by landing double ten at the first attempt.

The fourth leg saw Chisnall miss three chances to win the set, but Dudbridge was off-target with two attempts at double ten and Chisnall accepted the reprieve to hit double five and lead 2-0.

The third set began with Chisnall missing a dart at the bullseye for a 161 checkout, and he then missed two more darts to win the leg, allowing Dudbridge to step in by taking out 82.

Chisnall missed the bullseye again for a 161 checkout in the second leg and the Bristol man hit double 16 to double his lead.

Chisnall took the third with a 62 finish and the fourth also fell in his favour with a superb 11-dart finish as he moved one leg away from the match.

The deciding leg of the set saw Chisnall hit his third 180, and he took out 90 to complete a 12-darter and seal an impressive win.

"I felt confident coming into this competition and if I can hit my doubles I'll show what I can do," said Chisnall.

"I scored well but I made a few silly mistakes, but I've got Phil Taylor next and am looking forward to that.

"I've always wanted to play Phil and I get my first shot on stage next week. You have to hit doubles early against him because he'll punish you if you miss three or four doubles, but I can give him a game."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.