Sunday 11 December 2011

DAVE CHISNALL 8-2 CO STOMPE

DAVE CHISNALL powered past Co Stompe 8-2 to win through to the quarter-finals of the Cash Converters Players Championship.

The St Helens ace followed up Friday's defeat of Alan Tabern with a strong display to see off Stompe, who hit only two of 15 darts at a double compared to his opponent's 50 percent strike rate during the contest.

Chisnall made the early running, opening with a confident 15-darter which he won on double nine before finishing 90 on double ten to win the second as Stompe struggled with his doubles early on.

Chisnall opened the third with scores of 180 and 140 before posting double seven for a 3-0 lead, although he saw the chance to extend that slip away in the next, missing the single 11 for the bull on a 121 finish to allow Stompe in on double eight to open his account.

Finishes of double eight and 108 from Chisnall put him 5-1 up before Stompe powered in a brilliant 170 checkout to win his second leg.

He was also first to a double in the eighth, but a dart at double top missed into double one, and he saw three subsequent darts at double 19 miss their target as Chisnall took out tops to lead 6-2.

Stompe also hit a 180 but could only watch on as Chisnall landed the same bed to move a leg away from victory, which was sealed in the same manner when the Dutchman missed five darts to keep the game alive.

"I'm really happy with that," said Chisnall. "I'm in the zone and playing well and I think I can go further, so I'll look forward to Sunday."

Stompe admitted: "I had one of those days where I couldn't hit my doubles. The 170 was nice but it was worthless in the end for me because I couldn't back it up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.