Sunday 18 December 2011

KEVIN MUNCH 1-0 DENIS OVENS *Ovens retired injured*

KEVIN MUNCH received a bye into the second round of the Ladbrokes World Darts Championship after Denis Ovens was forced to retire from the match after the first set.

Ovens came into the contest complaining of a trapped nerve in his back and the problem forced him to concede.

The 23-year-old German, making his debut at the World Championship, beat Lee Choon Peng 4-2 in his Preliminary Round game earlier in the evening, to book a clash against Ovens.

He will now face Steve Farmer for a place in the last 16 of the competition after the Telford player defeated Ronnie Baxter earlier in the day.

"I didn't want to give up but there was too much pain when I was throwing," admitted Ovens. "I was in bed for two days after injuring my back.

"It's gone before because I work in building, and I thought it was getting better but on Saturday I had shooting pains down my right arm."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.