Wednesday 7 December 2011

Waddell Has Plans

Sid Waddell has announced plans to be involved with Sky Sports' coverage of the World Darts Championship.

The Voice of Darts has not been in a commentary box since the World Matchplay Final in Blackpool on July 24, as he has been undergoing treatment after being diagnosed with bowel cancer.
But he has told skysports.com he intends to be at Alexandra Palace from December 21 and will have a small involvement during the tournament, which climaxes on January 2.
He said: "I'm delighted to say I'm planning to attend the World Championship. I've been flooding Twitter with my patter and I'm over the moon that the lines that I've been working on for the last few months can be done for real.
"I've been studying the work of Martin Tyler, Gary Neville and the doyen Stuart Barnes, so you might notice one or two 'borrowings!'"
Waddell will also be penning a column for skysports.com during the World Championship and keeping his thousands of followers updated on Twitter.
And he expects world number one Phil Taylor and the defending champion Adrian Lewis to be the players to watch.
"I think Phil Taylor has never been more determined, but I have a feeling that Aidy can get it together as well," he added. "Those two have got the gas in the tank and seem to thrive on top-class competition more than anybody else.
"There's a little bit of doubt over James Wade and Gary Anderson, for different reasons, but both Taylor and Aidy have a natural instinct for top competition.
"My thoughts are that it looks like Taylor or Aidy for the title."
The World Darts Championship kicks off on Thursday December 15 with live coverage of every match on Sky Sports HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.