Saturday 14 January 2012

Hankey reaches Lakeside last four

Ted Hankey brushed aside Martin Atkins to reach the the semi-finals of the BDO World Championship at the Lakeside.
Hankey, the number 15 seed and champion on two previous occasions, hammered Atkins 5-1 to book a meeting with Dutchman Christian Kist.
Kist, a Lakeside debutant, beat England's Alan Norris 5-1 to reach the last four.
Earlier, Anastasia Dobromyslova beat England's Deta Hedman 2-1 at to win her second BDO women's world title.
The unseeded Russian, in her first world championship after a spell with the PDC, fought back from a set down to defeat the number one seed.

I've got to wake up, because if I play like that [in the semi-final] then Christian Kist will destroy me.
Ted Hankey
Hankey, who last won the title in 2009, took the first set against the darts in a fifth-leg decider and raced into a 4-0 lead.
Atkins notched his only set in the fifth, but Hankey sealed his fourth Lakeside semi-final appearance in the sixth with a checkout of 64.
"I didn't play well, but Martin didn't play well either," said Hankey. "Things didn't seem to go well for either of us but I got the edge and kept finishing.
"I've got to be happy, because I'm in the semi-finals. I've got to wake up, because if I play like that then Christian Kist will destroy me.
"All you can do in any sport is beat the man in front of you, but playing like that won't be good enough in the semi-finals."
Hankey and Kist meet on Saturday, with Tony O'Shea taking on Wesley Harms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.