Thursday 12 January 2012

Hedman Wants This Years Title

Oxfordshire's Deta Hedman says she hopes this will be the year she finally wins the Lakeside World Professional Darts Championship.
The 52-year-old from Witham is back in action at Frimley Green in Surrey at 1700 BST as she faces Lorraine Farlam in the semi-finals.
She is ranked number one for the World Championships and progressed with a 2-1 victory against Wales' Rhian Edwards.
"It is every woman's dream to be world champion," she told BBC Radio Oxford.
Hedman is bidding to take her place in the final where she will come up against the winner of the clash between Trina Gulliver or Anastasia Dobromyslova.

It is the only one I haven't won and I would like to win at least once and hopefully this is my year
Deta Hedman
And ahead of her big date, Hedman says she is feeling calm and composed and will not let the pressure get to her.
"Lorraine is a fantastic player but at the end of the day she has three darts and I have three darts and that is the best way of approaching it. I will just let the darts do the talking," she said.
"There is always pressure whether you are number or not. I just take it all in my stride. I've been favourite for so many tournaments that I'm used to it.
"I just take it one game at a time and then at the end of it I want to be the winner otherwise I wouldn't put so much effort into it."
Hedman has had a glittering career but admits she is desperate to add the BDO title to her CV.
"It is the only one I haven't won and I would like to win at least once and hopefully this is my year," she added. "It is everyone's goal to win the world championship."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.