Tuesday 3 January 2012

Taylor Considering Glasses Again

PHIL TAYLOR is hoping that LASERS could help him win more world titles!

The Power admits he'll have to look at wearing glasses again after losing 4-1 to Dave Chisnall in the world championships second round.
But the 15-time world champ fears another disaster after he previous specs experiment went all wrong during the Grand Slam last year.
He ditched the glasses after slumping to defeat to Ted Hankey in the Slam. Now he is pondering laser treatment to solve his eyesight problem.
Taylor said: "My eyesight's gone. I really felt it under the lights during my match with Dave. I was getting hot and I wasn't focusing right, and that's the first time it's happened.
"It's a big concern going back to the glasses because that all went wrong before. I will have to try and test some specs out behind closed doors under the same sort of lights.
"But I will look at laser treatment. I will speak to a consultant over the next couple of weeks to consider whether it's glasses, contacts or laser treatment. It's a big decision."
Taylor spent the last week laying FLOORING in his garage after Chisnall's demolition job.
The Power is determined to prepare properly for the future including the McCoy's Premier League starting in February.
He will is also starting filming this week for a health and nutrition documentary on Active Channel, Sky 281, as he bids to up his stamina. It was arranged by his nutritionist Laura Church.
He added: "I'm going back to the drawing board. I'm stripping back my entire life to make me fitter in mind and body.
"If I'm to compete with guys half my age I must do something about my lifestyle, it's just not good enough.
"I've been laying flooring in the garage as well and that underlines how tough real work is away from the oche.
"I would rather have been in the final at the weekend!
"But this is all about setting up my practice room properly because I need to put the hours in before the Premier League. Phil Taylor will be back leaner and meaner, in mind and body."
THE chase for Premier League places will be an intriguing battle. As it stands Taylor, Adrian Lewis, James Wade and Gary Anderson have guaranteed their places.
But five to seven after the worlds will be from Simon Whitlock, Wes Newton, Andy Hamilton, Mark Webster, Raymond van Barneveld and Kevin Painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.