Saturday 5 May 2012

ANDERSON admits he’s turned into an oche ZOMBIE

GARY ANDERSON admits he’s turned into an oche ZOMBIE.

The McCoy’s Premier League champion has blown his chance of defending the title after a run of six defeats in seven matches.
Ando, 41, has rarely looked comfortable, especially since the devastating loss of his father Gordon to stomach cancer just over a month ago.
Defeat to Kevin Painter in Bournemouth last week finally ended his league hopes and Ando admits he’s been to hell and back.
He said: “It’s been the toughest couple of months of my life. It’s hard to explain just how tough. I just haven’t wanted to play darts at all, it’s been the furthest thing from my mind.
“I’m on stage but only in spirit — I’m not with it at all. I honestly feel like a zombie.
“When you get into a bad run of form the league can be a torrid format, there’s no hiding place. Every week is a top ten player and there’s simply no respite.
“The daft thing is that despite everything, I’ve been playing great in practice, hitting every double and big score.
“My heart hasn’t been in it. My family has been more important to me over the past few weeks. Time is a great healer and as the days pass I’m sure I will be able to focus again.
“But for now I just can’t wait for the Premier League to end, it’s been a few months I want to forget as soon as possible.”
Anderson was clearly affected by crowd abuse and delaying tactics by Painter during their clash. Opponents seem to be targeting the Scot knowing that he is easy to wind up with a bit of oche gamesmanship.
He has lost matches to Adrian Lewis, Jamie Caven and Simon Whitlock when all three have allegedly used ‘tactics’ to put him off.
But Ando fired back: “They can think what they want but I won’t be easy to get at. About 18 months ago these sort of things wouldn’t have bothered me, I had the game to beat anyone. If I sort my game out nothing else will matter.”
Anderson faces top four-chasing Lewis in Liverpool tomorrow night — a repeat of the feisty 2011 world final and league clashes in Glasgow.
He beat Lewis 8-1 earlier this year and added: “Maybe now that I can relax, my A game will come back. I want to put one over him for old times’ sake.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.