Tuesday 20 December 2011

Richardson Loving It

Rushden's James Richardson says he wants to show the world what he can do, having beaten Raymond van Barneveld at the PDC World Darts Championship.
The 37-year-old former bricklayer, who only turned professional in January, beat the five-time Champion 3-0 in their first-round match.
"I'm here to do a job and don't want to make the numbers up," Richardson said.
"I'm in the last 32 - it's a dream. And I don't want to be bricklaying this time next year."
He added: "My wife said to me this morning that she hadn't booked the turkey for Christmas.
"I said 'Don't worry about the turkey. I've got a job to do at Alexandra Palace - that will come later.'"
Van Barneveld had started to rediscover form prior to the Championships, winning two exhibition events, but Richardson believes that there are the players coming through to challenge the established names.
"I got to the UK Open [this year] but I bowed out in the first round.
"I battled on and battled on. Van Barneveld is a brilliant player but it's a time where new faces are coming along and showing there's people out there that can play the game.
"I want to show the world what I can do, and if I can get used to the cameras and everything else, I will do it."
Richardson will face the Belgian Kim Huybrechts in the second round on Tuesday, 27 December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.