Wednesday 25 January 2012

High Speed Lewis

WORLD champ Adrian Lewis suffered a terrifying high-speed motorway puncture — and claims racetrack training saved his LIFE.

Jackpot was travelling up to Scotland on the M6 for exhibition appearances against Gary Anderson when his car violently veered out of control.
He skidded towards a lorry but regained control of the car and turned it towards the outside lane and out of danger.
Lewis, who wrapped up his second world title just three weeks ago, admitted a charity race track day and skid training he attended five years ago saved him from a horror crash.
He said: "It was pretty scary. At first when I had the puncture I started to lose control of the car, but then in a split second I remembered the training I'd had on how to deal with skids.
"I got the car under control and got the front end of the car out from under the lorry just in time.
"If it hadn't been for the track day I might not have been as lucky — it's probably the best thing I've ever done for charity!"
Lewis' next target is a World Cup medal when he lines up with Phil Taylor for England in the event which starts next week in Hamburg.
Two years ago Taylor and James Wade suffered a shock exit at the hands of Spain. Lewis insists there will be no repeat as they aim to snatch the crown off holders Holland.
Lewis added: "It was one of the biggest shocks in darts history when Spain beat us. But it didn't happen for Phil and James on the night.
"I don't think it was complacency, I just think the Spanish boys had the tournament of their lives and fair play to them. But Phil and I have known each other a long time. We've already spoken about the World Cup and are excited about it.
"We're not bothered about being hot favourites. We're used to that sort of pressure in every event we enter.
"Phil has had a target on his back for 20 years so he should be used to it!
"There are some great pairings out there. The Dutch, Scots, Aussies and Welsh look very strong, but if Phil and I can find our 'A' games then no one will touch us.
"Both of us are desperate to win a World Cup."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.